Lanesboro Arts' annual Art in the Park festival is southeast Minnesota’s longest running art festival. Renowned for quality, variety, and value, Art in the Park attracts thousands of regional patrons to Sylvan Park in Lanesboro each year.
After serious consideration, Lanesboro Arts has decided to cancel Art in the Park 2020 due to COVID-19. This was a very difficult decision to make, as we have never cancelled Art in the Park since it’s beginning, and this special year was supposed to celebrate our 40th anniversary of Art in the Park. However, we are living in unprecedented times right now with COVID-19, and we want to keep our communities safe above all.
We also acknowledge that this is an extremely difficult time for artists, with traditional sales avenues such as art festivals like Art in the Park being upended due to the spread of COVID-19. Thus, we’d like to share some artist resources in place for artists whose incomes have been affected by COVID-19. You can find the Artist Emergency Fund through Springboard for the Arts here.
As an organization with a mission of supporting artists, we aim to continue that, even if it looks different this year. We are working behind the scenes to come up with creative ways to bring Art in the Park artists to you through virtual opportunities.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to celebrating the 40th anniversary of Art in the Park with you next year!
Art in the Park seeks original work in the areas of painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, sculpture, metalwork, glass, fiber, paper, jewelry, wood, textiles and mixed media. All items for sale must be the art or handiwork of the exhibiting artist(s). No food or commercial items permitted.
$500 Prize for Best in Show
$100 Prize for Award of Excellence
To sell your work at Art in the Park 2021, submit your application via Zapplication (application is not yet live, TBA on or after December 13, 2020). You will need to set up a username and password to access the site, but this is FREE and easy to put in place. Stay tuned for application details. Once the application is live, visit Zapplication.org and then search for “Lanesboro” and you’ll find the listing for our event, Art in the Park, June 19, 2021 in Lanesboro, Minnesota. Fill out your application and pay the $10 entry fee and you’re good to go! Any questions regarding this process or this event, please email Artinthepark@lanesboroarts.org.
- Booth fee is $95 per 12′ x 12′ space; double spots can be purchased for an additional $95.
- Returning artists may request same booth # or close proximity to previous years.
- Artists supply their own display materials, including chairs and tables.
- Electric hook-ups are not provided and there will be no portable generators during the fair.
- A Minnesota sales and use tax number is required for all taxable sales.
- Booth spaces will be marked and ready for set-up at 6 a.m. on the day of the festival.
- Artist welcome station will include rolls and coffee at 6 a.m. during set up.
- Artist booth set-up may only begin on or after 6 a.m. the morning of the event. As per the City, artists may not set-up booths the evening prior to the event.
- All items for sale at Art in the Park must be the handiwork of the exhibiting artist(s).
- No food or commercial items will be permitted.
- Applications are only accepted from fine artists (NO coins, soap, essential oils, flea markets, etc)
- No electric hook-ups are available and portable generators will not be permitted.
- All exhibitors are required to obtain a Minnesota sales and use tax number and to collect taxes (MN rate is 6.875%). Contact MN Dept of Revenue at 651-282-5225 or www.taxes.state.mn.us to register and receive a sales & use tax number.
- Once an artist contract is signed and booth fee has been paid, if for any reason the artist withdraws from Art in the Park, the booth fee will be returned minus a $20 handling fee if notification of this is received prior to May 24. After May 24 there will be no refund of booth fee.
- Artists will keep external noise at their booth to a minimum, in respect of neighboring booths, and in order that guests may enjoy the live music at the Art in the Park festival.
- Lanesboro has many camping sites with hook-ups and showers, including the Sylvan Park campground adjacent to the festival site. Advance reservations CAN NOT be made for the campgrounds. Please contact the City of Lanesboro with questions regarding the campgrounds.