Lanesboro Arts is thrilled to present Local Lovebirds: A Lanesboro Valentine’s Variety Show on Friday, February 10th at 7:00 p.m. at the St. Mane Theatre! All types of love take center stage for this community-driven variety show of music, poetry, and theater — romantic, familial, platonic, love of dogs, and beyond!
Drawing from Lanesboro area talent, audience members will bask in the many forms of love lauded by the evening’s performing romantic duos, creative partners, and featured guests. Our two talented hosts, soprano Rachel Storlie and Commonweal actor Stela Burdt, bring the local crew together for an entertaining evening of music, skits, poems, in addition to some performances and banter of their own.
Rachel Storlie is a soprano who hails from Spring Grove, MN. She is a 2010 graduate of Luther College and completed her Master of Music in Vocal Performance at the University of Northern Iowa from the studio of Dr. Jean McDonald. Storlie enjoys musical research and performance of obscure vocal literature, and in 2015 was awarded a research grant pertaining to Belgian composer Désiré Pâque at the Royal Conservatory in Liège. She also contributed to and presented at the 2016 Midwest Regional National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) conference the research project “Redefining Success: A Singer and Teacher’s Guide.” Storlie currently teaches voice at Luther College in Decorah, IA as an Alumni Guest Lecturer in Music, and fondly recalls her undergraduate performances with the Luther College Orchestra as a Concerto Contest finalist and soprano soloist for the Brahms Requiem.
Stela Burdt (she/her) is grateful to celebrate her 22nd season with the Commonweal Theatre family. Past onstage work includes roles in Souvenir, Woody Guthrie’s American Song, Crimes of the Heart, Zombies from the Beyond, A Midnight Dreary, Harvey and Man of La Mancha. In addition to performing, Stela is a music director, sound designer, freelance vocalist and the Commonweal’s Patron Relations Manager. Currently, Stela is in the role of a lifetime as mom to Kieran. Love and Light, #TeamScottyForever.
Interested in participating on stage? Contact Melissa at Lanesboro Arts: email@example.com or 507-467-2446.
Tickets are $20 ($15 for Lanesboro Arts members).
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:00 p.m. the day of the show. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the names of tickets buyers at the box office beginning at 6:00 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.