Lanesboro Arts is proud to present Minnesota’s award-winning Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre at the St. Mane Theatre in Lanesboro on Saturday, April 27th at 7:30 p.m. Returning to the St. Mane following a memorable 2013 performance, Zorongo company dancers will be joined on stage by singer José Cortés Fernández, guitarist Juanito Pascual, and dancer Jesús Muñoz. Renowned for bringing the power, passion and virtuosity of the art of flamenco to audiences throughout the country, Zorongo regularly collaborates with internationally recognized guest artists. This evening of traditional Spanish flamenco dance and music illustrates the emotional range of this dynamic art form and will run approximately 70 minutes.
Zorongo dancers are also offering a “Beginning Flamenco” workshop at 4 p.m. on Sat, April 27 in the studio at Coffee Street Fitness and Dance. Registration is $5 and participants will have fun learning flamenco movements and rhythms while experiencing the Spanish culture. Limited space is available and no dance experience is necessary. Participants can learn more and register for the workshop by clicking here.
For the evening performance of “Café Flamenco,” patrons are invited to experience the exotic and sultry ambiance of the early 1900s when flamenco dancers, singers and musicians performed for glamorous patrons in Spanish cabarets. Flamenco is a form of folk music and dance from the region of Andalucia in southern Spain.
Artistic Director & Choreographer Susana di Palma founded Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre in 1982 and it is one of the few American dance companies that present both traditional flamenco programs, as well as original productions. The essence of Zorongo Flamenco’s work combines passionate and soul with a lively and innovative spirit that relates to contemporary audiences in a way that few companies do.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:30 p.m. the day of the performance. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- New in 2019: Each ticket purchased with a bank card will be charged an additional processing fee of $0.99. Patrons can avoid this processing fee by paying via cash or check in the Lanesboro Arts Gallery, or before the show in the St. Mane Theatre lobby.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the names of tickets buyers at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can also present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.