Lanesboro Arts is proud to present Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre at the St. Mane Theatre in Lanesboro on Saturday, April 27th at 7:30 p.m. Performing “Café Flamenco,” concert of traditional flamenco dance and music that brings the expressive and rhythmic excitement to the stage in a way only flamenco can, Zorongo is a Minneapolis based ensemble of international artists, dancers, and musicians who are renowned for bringing the power, passion and virtuosity of the art of flamenco to American audiences. Zorongo dancers are also offering a “Beginning Flamenco” workshop at 4 p.m. on Sat, April 27 in the Upper Level Studio Space above the St. Mane Theatre. Please check back to learn more and register for the workshop.
Celebrate the exotic and sultry ambiance of the early 1900s in Spain, known as “Café Cantante,” when flamenco dancers, singers and musicians performed for glamorous patrons in cabarets. This evening of traditional Spanish flamenco dance and music includes three to four dancers, a guitarist and singer, and runs approximately 70 minutes. Flamenco is a form of Spanish folk music and dance from the region of Andalucia in southern Spain. Artistic Director & Choreographer Susana di Palma founded Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre in 1982 and it is one of the few American Spanish dance companies that present both traditional flamenco programs as well as original theater flamenco works. The essence of Zorongo Flamenco’s work combines the passionate soul of Spain with the lively innovative spirit of America and relates to contemporary audiences in a way that few companies do. The company last performed in Lanesboro in 2013.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:30 p.m. the day of the performance. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- New in 2019: Each ticket purchased with a bank card will be charged an additional processing fee of $0.99. Patrons can avoid this processing fee by paying via cash or check in the Lanesboro Arts Gallery, or before the show in the St. Mane Theatre lobby.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the names of tickets buyers at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can also present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.