“Surfin’ USA” is the theme of the next “Over the Back Fence” Community Variety Show presented by Lanesboro Arts on Friday, July 12th at 7:30 p.m. at the historic St. Mane Theatre in downtown Lanesboro. Songs like “Surfer Girl,” “Surf City” and “Surfin’ Safari” will each be part of a tubular evening that also includes jokes, stories, and sing-alongs.
July’s show features musical guest Jillian Rae, a versatile singer-songwriter and violinist drawing upon roots, rock, and Americana. Jillian will be in Lanesboro all week for a mini-residency at Lanesboro Arts that culminates in a concert with a full band at the St. Mane Theatre on Saturday, July 13. Jillian has invited members of the variety show cast to join her on stage to provide vocal accompaniment on one of her songs. Interested individuals of all ages are encouraged to join Jillian at a rehearsal with cast members on July 9 at 7 p.m. and/or July 12 at 5:30 p.m. Lanesboro Arts’ Performing Artist Engagement Program is made possible by a grant from the Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Host Damon Prestemon continues to propel the 25th season forward with his rapid-fire wit and keen improvisational instincts that keep the show fresh and fun. Lanesboro Arts’ own Adam Wiltgen will serve as this month’s musical director, accompanying the all-volunteer cast on his beach-friendly Danelectro guitar throughout the show. Doors open for seating at 7 p.m. with Ted Hajnasiewicz, a singer-songwriter from Minneapolis, providing pre-show musical entertainment beginning at 7:10 p.m.
The shows are held monthly on the 2nd Fridays of March-November.
Interested in participating on stage? Contact Kara at Lanesboro Arts: email@example.com or 507-467-2446 x3
Over the Back Fence airs on KQAL 89.5 FM at 6pm on the Wednesday following the 2nd Friday show. Over the Back Fence is also published online as a podcast. Click here to download or stream Over the Back Fence.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:30 p.m. the day of the show. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- New in 2019: Each ticket purchased with a bank card will be charged an additional processing fee of $0.99. Patrons can avoid this processing fee by paying via cash or check in the Lanesboro Arts Gallery, or before the show in the St. Mane Theatre lobby.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the names of tickets buyers at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.
Special thanks to our 2019 sponsors:
Batstone CPA, The Bite Restaurant, Bluff Country Computer Works, Cedar Valley Resort, E2 Boutique, Estelle’s Eatery & Bar, F & M Community Bank, Granny’s Liquor, Great River Shakespeare Festival, Green Gables Inn, High Court Pub, Lanesboro Area Community Foundation, Lanesboro Arts, Lanesboro Public Library, Manion Law Office, Merchants Bank, Niagara Cave, Nutrien Ag Solutions, Old Barn Resort, Pedal Pushers Café, Randy Schultz Drywall, Rushford – Preston – Harmony Foods IGA, SMG Web Design and Thrivent Financial – Walter Bradley