In celebration of its 25th season, “Anniversaries” is the theme of the next “Over the Back Fence” Community Variety Show presented by Lanesboro Arts on Friday, August 9th at 7:30 p.m. at the historic St. Mane Theatre in downtown Lanesboro. Songs like “Anniversary Waltz,” “A Cover is Not the Book” and “May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You,” as well as a “Fun with Food” skit by Peggy Hanson, will each be part of a milestone evening that will also include jokes, stories, and sing-alongs.
August’s show features musical guest Eric Carranza, a multi-instrumentalist and music teacher from Saint Paul that will be living and working in Lanesboro the entire month of August as an artist in residence at Lanesboro Arts. With a location-based focus and a mobile rig of music making tools, Carranza is inviting community members of all backgrounds and musical abilities to create “Root River Vibrations,” a series of musical vignettes inspired by the people, landscape and energy of Lanesboro. Eric is performing a song on stage with community members during the show and interested participants can join a rehearsal with Eric and other cast members on August 6 at 7 p.m. and/or August 9 at 5:30 p.m.
Host Damon Prestemon will be joined by his season one co-host, Hal Cropp of Commonweal Theatre, throughout this 25th anniversary show. The pair plans to dust off the old kitchen table and keep the show moving forward, while also looking back, with rapid-fire wit and keen improvisational instincts. The talented and charismatic Maria Klingsheim, of Harmony, will serve as this month’s musical director, accompanying the all-volunteer cast during the show. Doors open for seating at 7 p.m. with Ravensfire, an irish music trio, providing pre-show musical entertainment beginning at 7:10 p.m.
The shows are held monthly on the 2nd Fridays of March-November.
Interested in participating on stage? Contact Kara at Lanesboro Arts: email@example.com or 507-467-2446 x3
Over the Back Fence airs on KQAL 89.5 FM at 6pm on the Wednesday following the 2nd Friday show. Over the Back Fence is also published online as a podcast. Click here to download or stream Over the Back Fence.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:30 p.m. the day of the show. Tickets will also be sold in-person beginning at that time.
- New in 2019: Each ticket purchased with a bank card will be charged an additional processing fee of $0.99. Patrons can avoid this processing fee by paying via cash or check in the Lanesboro Arts Gallery, or before the show in the St. Mane Theatre lobby.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- We will have a list of the names of tickets buyers at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the buyer and their guests arrive together, no physical receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can present a printed copy of the ticket PDF the ticket buyer was e-mailed or simply pull it up and present it on a smart device.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.