This event has passed, but you can view the event via our YouTube channel here or by clicking the video on this page, from December 19th through December 26th.
Twin Cities-based accompanist, writer and vocalist Dan Chouinard hosted the 15th annual Old-Fashioned Holiday Show on Friday, December 17, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. at the St. Mane Theatre in downtown Lanesboro with special guest Prudence Johnson. With the help of Johnson’s musical theater vocals and local talent, the 2021 Holiday Show featured a compilation of songs, poems, and stories from familiar faces, in a heart-and-hearth-warming evening hosted by Chouinard.
Prudence Johnson’s long and happy career as a singer, writer, and teacher has landed her on the musical theatre stage, in two feature films, (A River Runs Through It, A Prairie Home Companion) national radio, (several long stints on A Prairie Home Companion) and on concert stages across North America and occasionally Europe. She has released more than a dozen recordings, including albums dedicated to the music of Hoagy Carmichael, Greg Brown, and a collection of international lullabies.
In recent years, her focus has been on creating multi-media works for concert and theater stages that blend performance with her interests in history and literature. Since 2009, she and pianist Dan Chouinard have written and toured four multi-media music/history shows. Johnson and Chouinard come together again for this Lanesboro holiday tradition!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some important changes for the Holiday Show. Please read carefully and thank you in advance for helping to keep our performers and audience safe!
- Masks will be required for all audience members.
- Seating will be limited to half capacity to allow for social distancing while seated.
- Seating will be socially distanced and audience members will be seated first come, first served.
- Unlike previous years, we ask audience members to not sing along due to the airborne nature of COVID-19 and variants.
- The event will be recorded and broadcast on YouTube December 20th – December 25th for those who are unable to be there in person due to limited capacity.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open at 6:30 p.m. the day of the concert. A wait list for any tickets that happen to become available will begin at that time.
- If you are unable to purchase tickets online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446 to purchase a ticket over the phone during business hours. Tickets are also sold in-person during business hours at Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- Lanesboro Arts is committed to accessibility for all people. Learn more about our access services.
This show is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a Minnesota State Arts Board Operating Support grant, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.